Hunting for the 12 Elves scattered in various businesses in Historic Dublin sure is a fun way to spend an afternoon. My children and I enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend and visited a few of the particpating shops to search for the hidden elf. We were very amused at the intersting hiding spots and my children were thrilled when they were presented with prizes after finding each elf. Sounds like a lot of fun, right?
Here’s what you need to know:
- This event is FREE and sponsored by the Historic Dublin Business Association.
- Elf Hunting continues until December 22nd.
- Pick up a scavenger hunt card at one of the participating locations and be sure to get a signature on your card at each location.
- If you turn in a completed card by Decmeber 22nd you will be entered into the grand prize drawing.
- Explore all that Historic Dublin has to offer. There are so many cool shops along the way and I love that this brought me into places I wouldn’t have normally stopped. If you haven’t shopped around lately you sure are missing out on some great shopping and dining!
- One thing to keep in mind is most of these businesses are only open until 5 or 6 pm and many are closed on Sunday. Be sure to check the hours of operation for each business.
- We visited on a Sunday and although majority of the businesses were closed we still had a great time. Without a doubt, we will come back so we can finish off our scavenger hunt ticket.
- Some of the prizes are really great. La Chatelaine let my children pick a tasty treat from the bakery.
- It’s great to support local businesses that go above and beyond in the community.
- List of participating businesses:
Have fun searching for the 12 Elves of Dublin!